Welcome To Judith Holzman Law Offices
If you are in search of a family law lawyer, you are likely under significant personal stress. This is understandable. When we provide legal services, we do not forget how deeply personal your experience is. We provide clarity, objective legal advice, integrity and the representation you need to see the way forward. I am now working together with my daughter, Amanda Cohen, to ensure each and every situation is handled in a way that best suits your needs.
Our practice is based in Vaughan, Ontario, under the name of Judith Holzman Law Offices. I also offer mediation/arbitration services under the practice name “Working Together”.
Many factors distinguish the practice. Among them are:
- Experience: I have been a family lawyer since 1978. More than 40 years of experience, I have seen it all, but I am still learning this craft. As the law evolves, I am in constant retraining so I can be the best adviser to my clients.
- Representation from an experienced senior lawyer, part of an experienced team: When you become our client, my daughter and I are your lawyers. Our family, including our team of experienced clerks and staff, will look after your family. During my decades of practice, I have always worked in a small or midsized firm environment. Personal, ongoing contact with those we represent is important to us.
- Mother-daughter team: Together, we are one of the few mother-daughter family law practices in the province.
- Dedicated staff: We do not do this work alone. We are aided by able, long-term staff members who share our commitment to you and your legal needs.
- Accessibility: Your divorce affects your life 24/7. When we become your lawyers, we will make ourselves available whenever you have a question or concern. That includes after hours and on weekends.
- Approachability: Your candor is essential so we can do our best work as your lawyers. Often, clients need to feel at ease to be forthcoming. Our office is homey and comfortable. Members of your support system — friends and family — are welcome to attend consultations with you, so you do not feel alone.
- Mediation: I have been a mediator since 1985. In this role, I do not act for one side or the other. I help parties achieve an acceptable resolution to their family law dispute.
- Arbitration: I am a trained arbitrator. In this capacity, I am a capable and fair decision-maker in private family law disputes.
- Knowledge of niche areas of family law: I have specific knowledge of and experience in religious divorces and religious needs of the Jewish and Muslim faith communities. I was part of the team that provided advice to the Ontario and Federal governments on these topics.
Overall, we are committed to achieving the best result possible for you, in the least amount of time, with minimal stress and expense.